Day Boat Hire the Grand Union Canal from Copt Heath Wharf
For a different day out, why not hire one of our easy to drive narrowboats for a day or half day self drive cruise along the Grand Union Canal near Catherine de Barnes?
This is a delightful stretch of lock free waterway which winds its way through leafy cuttings and farmer's fields away from the noise and bustle of road and motorway.
Or you can descend the impressive flight of five locks at Knowle and cruise through open countryside to Rowington or beyond. There are at least four good pubs for lunch if that is your pleasure!
The choice is yours.
Full day hire is from 10.00 am to 6.00 pm.
Half-day hire is available weekdays between 10.00 am and 1.30 pm or 2.30 pm and 6.00pm.
|Monday to Friday full day||£130.00|
|Monday to Friday half day||£80.00|
|Saturday, Sunday, Bank Holiday||£170.00|
The boats have:
- Two ring hob, with tea and coffee making materials
- On board toilet
- Hot and cold running water
- Full inventory
- Buoyancy aids on request
- Weatherproof accommodation
- Dogs are welcome on board.
The boats are easy to handle but we do give full tuition for the novice, including lock operation.
Making a Booking
Both our day boats are 32 foot narrowboats and carry up to a maximum of ten passengers. There is inside cabin and outside accommodation for all.
For a provisional reservation please email or ring 0121 704 4464 to arrange a date and then print out and complete our booking form and send it with a deposit of 50% of total cost to arrive within ten days.
- Duration of hire is between the hours of 10.00am and 6.00pm, 10.00am and 1.30pm or 2.30pm and 6.00pm. Late return of the boat will be charged at £30 per hour or part thereof.
- No more than 10 persons may be carried. Failure to comply will result in confiscation of the boat.
- The steerer and anyone operating locks must be below the legal alcohol limit for driving
- Passengers must not sit on the roof or be on the side decks as these practices are dangerous.
- The hirer must be at least 18 years of age. We reserve the right not to hand over the boat to anyone who in our judgement appears not to be suitable to take charge of it. All monies paid will be refunded and the hirer shall have no further claim.
- A damage deposit of £50 is payable on arrival. It will be returned provided there is no loss or damage and the boat is returned on time. All breakdowns must be reported by telephone to Copt Heath Wharf and any damage to the boat or contents reported on your return.
- Copt Heath Wharf cannot be held responsible for delays or non availability of the craft caused by breakdowns, unforeseen defects, obstructions or restriction of cruising area by British Waterways. In the event of complete non availability all monies will be refunded and the hirer shall have no further claim.
- The hirer is in complete charge of the craft and is responsible for its safe navigation. In the event of an accident, the hirer shall notify Copt Heath Wharf immediately and obtain names and addresses of any witnesses. Under no circumstances should anyone admit any liability.
- Free car parking is provided for the convenience of hirers, but Copt Heath Wharf accepts no liability for loss or damage to customers’ vehicles or their contents.
- Repairs are our responsibility and should not be put in the hands of others without our authority.